28 September:
I'm going to TWO shows this week. If you include time served at Gonerfest, my plan to readjust my circadian rhythm by one hour is off to a shit start. There's always Thursday, I suppose. Times New Viking tonight & Ty Segall tomorrow night, both @ WWT. I'm looking forward to trying Nick Castleberry's food, too.
29 September:
As I stood amongst the crowd @ WWT watching Times New Viking, I said to myself, "I don't have to stand here & watch this band." They weren't bad, but they were. It sounded hollow & as if they tried to make up for it by 'turning it up'. It did not do it for me. I went out back and hung out with Sweet Eagle & other olds.
I have faith in Ty Segall. I saw him at Gonerfest last year; Jay Reatard heckled him, but he handily dealt with him AND ripped the roof off of Hi-Tone. I stood in the very way back & nodded my approval.
Anyway. High hopes. Please please please let me get what I want this time.
KMHD & I discussed my birthday plans. There is a form taking shape. It is shaped like a dollop of truffled bearnaise.
Things I need to touch on later. When I'm not feeling like a turd from lack o' sleep:
Joyce Elliott fundraiser & mourning the state of Arkansas politics
Wedding in Austin
Thxgiving in NOLA
Here we go.
29 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment